A Love for Production

Sunday, November 2, 2008


For the past four weeks, I have been managing the production of the 2008 Greek Week LipSync DVD. The event, LipSync, is the last event/competition during Greek Week where the Greeks put on a performance that tells a story and they have to lip sync to the music. ROAR Network filmed the event again this year and we are producing DVDs to be sold. I have over seen the filming, graphics, motion graphics, editing, and printing of both the DVD covers and the actual DVDs. 



Through this process, I have realized how much I truly enjoy managing large projects like this one. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a HUGE project, but for ROAR Network it is and for us students who have a lot going on it is very demanding of our time. However, I am getting really excited about seeing everything starting to come together. Last night I watched the first edit of the event and I made notes on what I wanted changed. I made a lot of notes, something I am sure Aaron was not happy about, but I liked the feeling of putting my vision for the project into action. The lead editor did a good job editing the event, but having overseen last year's LipSync DVD as well, I knew how I wanted to make this one different and also how I wanted the event to flow. 

I have talked to Aaron about this the last couple of days. I really miss Television Production and I can see that as something I would love to wake up every morning and go to work to do. He has been really encouraging about all of this and supports me in whatever I decide to pursue. I love my photography too. I have a little bit of time to decide where I want to head. I know that art will always be a part of my life no matter what I do, I am just overwhelmed at how my passion for production has come rushing back. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey, let me encourage you to follow your passion. It will make a difference when that alarm clock rings every morning, believe me.

Audrey Williams said...

Are you doing what you love? Or is it hard for you to do what you do everyday?