The Art of the Pursuit

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today has been quite an interesting day with LipSync sales, lunch meeting with a consultant, ROAR Network club pictures and the election. However, non of these top the most random, and yet interesting, occurrence that happened to me today. 


It started when I was selling LipSync DVDs at Convo. A guy I recognized from my Prison Literature class (which is directly after Convo) started talking to me about our Midterm exam we had the previous Thursday. I told him what I thought and we talked a little bit about the readings. (We have read 5 books, two essays, and 3-4 videos so far.) I had to drop off the DVDs and cart at ROAR and I told him I would see him in class. 

Well, we got out of class a bit early. I was making my way down the stairs and he came up beside me and asked how my Halloween had been. I replied that I had worked on the LipSync DVD Halloween night and all weekend as I was in charge of the production. He asked if I was a graphic designer and I told him that I was the Business Manager for ROAR, the reason why I was in charge. We made our way to Regents Terrace, just outside of the building where our class is held. Finally, he asked me if he could get my phone number so he could call me sometime so we could maybe get together and go out. I was quite surprised at the question as I have never been asked out before. I felt bad for him because I realized he hadn't noticed the ring on my finger. I politely informed him that I was engaged. I believe he was very surprised and a bit embarrassed at the fact he had just asked someone who was engaged out on a date. He proceeded to ask me how old I was and how long I had been with the person to whom I was engaged. I told him that I was sorry and we went our separate ways. He is a very nice person and I really hope he doesn't feel too bad about the situation. 

This honestly caught me off guard. As I mentioned before, I have never been asked out. I personally took it as a complement. These days I am not in the best shape. My hair needs to be cut and colored, I look tired, and I dress very comfortably. I guess if I can still attract interest in this very low state, I am in good shape. 

I know Aaron found this very amusing, but I also think he was a little offended that someone would ask me out. I find it very amusing and another weird twist to an already weird day. 

1 comments:

Aaron Williams said...

not offended, just a little jealous. i had a moment of that "she's mine" mentality. he's not allowed to ask you or, or something like that. it was pretty funny actually, that was just my initial reaction.