Update to Wednesday

Friday, November 7, 2008

After having a mental, physical, and spiritual breakdown on Wednesday (Wow, really? All three?!) , I am in a much better state. I called Aaron after writing the previous post to talk to him about what was going on in my head. He has always been the calm and logical one when I am going crazy. He also knows how to speak to me when I am worried and has a way of reassuring me everything will be fine. 


First we talked politics. He said that he doesn't think Obama will be as terrible as I think he will be. Aaron also said that the system we have in place is in place to keep one person from having total control, and hopes that it will serve this purpose during this administration. We talked about past presidents and how some are considered some of the worst leaders. And we talked about how he could be one of the best. It does seem as if we are due for another great president. 

Aaron and I then started talking about when Jesus was coming back and some of my fears wrapped around that topic. He said that he didn't think that me wanting to live life and have children, etc. was a bad thing. He said that it was probably normal as Life is a gift from God Himself. Aaron did say that spending all my time fearful of not living out my life was not what God wanted for me. (Which he was very right to say.) 

We also talked about this in the context of our relationship. Aaron and I got together under some pretty unusual circumstances to say the least. We have survived our senior year of high school, the first two years of college in a long distance relationship, and I was accepted into LMU so we could spend the last two years of college together. Aaron said he thinks God has a lot in store for us to have made it this far and not have broken up. I think so too. 

I am very thankful to be where I am in life. I am also very grateful to have had the experiences I have had the past few years. I know that it has made me smarter and shaped the person I am today. 

3 comments:

Billy and Brenda Williams said...

Audrey,

This is a good post! I am proud of you and I have to say I am proud of Aaron. He does have a wonderful take on life, God and how things work and, believe it or not, there have been many time in my life when his calm, cool wisdom has spoken deeply into my life and situation.

In 1982 (I was in high school) I remember our pastor telling that Jesus would be coming back very soon, probably in the next year. I remember thinking "but wait, I haven't had a chance to live, I am not married, I haven't had a family yet..I haven't had a chance to be a rock star!

Fast forward a few years 1987 a book came out "88 reasons why Christ will come back in 1988" I was in shock...but wait I'm married, I have a son, I am touring, but I am not through living and I want my son to live, marry and have a family. My point is, it IS OK to want to live and do/have these things, these are God breathed desires.

Enjoy life, don't fret and know that God is in control.

Tiffany Johnson said...

Audrey,
as a fellow worrier, I understand completely how you feel/where you are/what you are going through. I will second what Billy says (I can't even freakin believe this...)
Don't fret, live your beautiful, young hopeful life, and remember God is in control....Jeremiah 29:11says that God knows the plans He as for you...plans to prosper and not to harm....plans to give you a hope and a future...
Besides, all that worrying will make you old fast, gray hair, wrinkles, NO HAIR...ahemmmm.....
Love you beautiful girl!

Billy and Brenda Williams said...

Tiffany is correct. Worry will just make your hair fall out...she wears a wig!!! Happy T-day