Spring 2009

Sunday, January 11, 2009

This evening, I returned to Los Angeles to finish up my last semester of college. Wow. Who would have thought I would make it? Not me. When I started my Undergraduate career, I was very unsure of myself and if I could handle what would be required of me. I think I have done well for myself and found my way in the process. 


After the last semester, Christmas break was totally needed. It was wonderful to be back home in the south where sweet tea is served at every restaurant, where there is hardly any traffic, and where I can drive my car by myself with the music loud. While home, I was able to see some friends I haven't seen in a while like Philip, Nichole, Julian, Matt Roden, and Elizabeth. These people are very important figures in my life and unfortunately our paths are starting to cross less and less. 

Also while home I did a ton of work on the wedding, mostly this past week. The major thing I am lacking is a solid reception location that doesn't cost my whole budget and is a cool location. I found a gallery I love, but the owner is worried about the economy. I have also decided within this time that I want to dedicate this blog more to the wedding and keeping the three people that read this thing up-to-date on what's going on. There will probably be posts about what is going on with the rest of my life every now and then, but this blog will now focus a bit more on the wedding. I will post some inspirations, colors, and anything else I find interesting. There will obviously be some things I do not reveal as I do not want to give it all away before July. 

I also promise to update more often than I have in the last six weeks. For some reason I can find time to update when I am at school and not when I am at home on break. :)

2 comments:

Billy and Brenda Williams said...

I hope you have a great final semester. It sure was good to have you and Aaron home for Christmas.

Brenda and I will stay tuned to the blog for wedding info - I called Terri H this week about a reception place, I will let you know what she says.

b.

Anonymous said...

Hey, FOUR people now read this blog. :) Just kidding. This is a great way to keep us "in the know," Audrey.