The Wedding: Flowers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

So, I have decided to start this new direction off with the flowers. All along, I knew that I did not want the typical roses. I wanted something that had more of a garden, timeless, organic, and vintage feel. So, hydrangeas were my flowers of choice. I love the fullness of hydrangeas and the antique vibe they lend. I guess this will also be an introduction to my colors and style as well. I would love feedback, thoughts and suggestions. I love getting ideas from others. I am constantly on the internet reading blogs and websites. 


I am going to start out with the boutonnieres for the fathers and grandfathers and the corsages for the mothers and grandmothers. 

I decided that something more simple and neutral would be best as I do not know what they will be wearing. I chose white rose boutonnieres for the  fathers and white rose wrist corsages for the mothers. Slightly more traditional, but still classic and different from everyone else. 






















The boutonnieres for the groom, groomsman, ushers and ring bearers will be a small orange flower. I am using orange as a very small accent color. I wanted to use orange, just not in a very big and too noticeable way. 














At the church, flower petals cannot be tossed down the aisle unless an aisle runner is used. Because of this, I decided to go with a pomander instead made of green hydrangea. I like the look much better anyway and I think my little girls will look so sweet. 














I still have not decided about the bridesmaids dresses yet (Which I  need to!!!), but I know what colors I am looking for so I was able to have a direction for their flowers. The bridesmaids bouquets will be hydrangea, a combination of light blue and green hydrangea or I may substitute one of the colors with ivory hydrangea. I am going back and forth on this. The images should give a better idea. 























I was going to talk about my bouquet, but for some reason I was having problems uploading the example photo. I guess that will have to wait. There will be flowers at the end of the pews and a few other arrangements at the church that will be brought over to the reception. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your colors. Still can't remember what I was thinking but maybe it'll come to me in a dream. (I've been dreaming some weird dreams lately...)

Anonymous said...

Great color choices girl!!!I like the light blue and green color choice for the bridesmaids. Looks like everything is coming together :)