Part 2: The Wedding

Thursday, November 5, 2009








On August 14th, 2008, Aaron and I got engaged at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. We had talked about getting engaged in December '08, so I wasn't expecting it until then. Needless to say, I was so very surprised when Aaron asked me to marry him on that day. The funny thing about that day, though, was that we had dinner plans that evening with one of Aaron's childhood friends and his parents. Aaron wanted to go to Cheekwood to "take pictures" and I was not happy about that as we didn't have enough time. I didn't talk to Aaron the whole way there. I was surprised that he kept insisting that we were going as, if I am that adamant about something, he will hear me out. But he wasn't this time. In the end, I was one very happy woman.











My whole senior year of college was spent planning the wedding. We decided on July 25th, 2009 as the day we would be married. I had a ton of help from family and friends. They searched for churches and made so many visits. They looked for reception locations and made so many visits to these places, too. They helped me find my wedding dress, hand make some of the decorations (like the chandeliers you will see later), and helped me get everything set up the day before the wedding. It was such a crazy year, but it made it made it even more special.











My goal with the wedding was for it to truly reflect Aaron and I and to not do the same thing everyone else does for their weddings. I was okay with the church being decorated a bit understated as the sanctuary itself was gorgeous. I didn't want my hair to be fussy. I wanted to look the way I usually do. I didn't want Aaron to not recognize me on our wedding day, but to see the girl he sees everyday.










The day of the wedding, I was much more calm than I thought I would be. Even after getting ready and having my pictures taken, I was calm. Up until the moment I was about to walk down that aisle, I was calm. I got a few butterflies right before I went down, but that was only because I was worried I would say the wrong thing, or trip or something.

The whole ceremony went off without any problems. It went by so fast. But I enjoyed it. I think that's all that matters.



With every wedding there is always stories about things that happen that people remember. With our wedding, we will always remember the Monday before the wedding Brenda, Aaron's mom, having to have emergency eye surgery. She is fully healed now and we are so thankful. God was so good to us during that time. She was able to come to the Bridal Luncheon, the Rehearsal Dinner, and the Wedding. Then there are the smaller things, like the hook on the back of my dress not being there on the day of the wedding. It had come undone and fallen off at some point. Tiffany (my day of coordinator) had to sew me into my dress. Also, one of my flower girls, Sophie (my cousin), almost didn't go down the aisle. She cried on and off during the hour before the wedding. She said she was scared. And, in her defense, that had been the first time she was a flower girl. I think at four years old, I would have been a bit scared, too. But she made it! I was so proud.













I had the most fun at our reception. It was so good to be with our friends from high school and college again. And to be in the same place with all of them was the best! I danced more that I ever did at a prom. It was such a fun evening. It was a bit hot :), but I didn't care.







It was a day that we will both remember forever. I could not have been any happier with how it went. It was a beautiful day and we are truly blessed by our awesome God!

0 comments: