Let's Talk

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So, I feel as if I have caught up on everything that has happened in our lives most recently. If there is a topic I did not cover, but would like me to, please leave me a comment! I would love to know.

Starting this blog again has me thinking about the purpose of my writing, especially through this outlet. I actually read several blogs by ladies that had situations come into their lives and start a blog as a means to keep family and friends in the loop. But the number of readers grew and they continued to use their blog as a means to glorify God and point their readers to Him. I am not sure I feel, at least at this very moment, that my blog is meant to be used in as big a way as theirs. However, I do feel I should have a certain authenticity with my readers as they do.

I am not really sure how many people read my blog on a regular basis. I am sure most people just pop in and read. But, I do feel as if I am in a place in my life where I could possibly reach, or at least encourage, my readers within their own lives. I don't want this blog to be about ME. Of course, most of the posts will be about my life and experiences. However, these topics, hopefully, are tools being used to share my walk with Christ. My role changes day to day, and moment by moment. I know that my purpose in life is to follow God's will, as this is the only way to truly be happy and  fulfilled.

Now, this does not mean I fill happy and fulfilled ALL the time. It is a collected feeling that forms over time. Take my job for example. I work for the student ministry at Biltmore Baptist Church. I do a lot of administrative work as that is what I was hired to do. Does creating POs fulfill me? No. Does creating POs for a ministry I stand behind and feel led to be a part of fulfill me? Yes. Do I have "long" days at work? Sometimes. Does knowing God provided this job for me and equipped me with knowledge to do it well (or the ability to learn new skills if I don't know how to do something) and called me to serve Him in this way fulfill me? Most definitely.




So, my dear readers, I am promising you that I am determined to be authentic with you, if you will be authentic with me. Authenticity is one of the biggest characteristics I notice and appreciate in people. I don't want there to be a fake facade around me because of my blog and the things I focus on here. Life is messy, raw and unfair. I will tell you now that this moment in my life is just that. Messy. Raw. Unfair. I want my life to be an open book for questions and discussion. Life is a conversation. Let's talk.

0 comments: